Tuesday, February 9, 2010

responding to emergencies.

2.9.10
+last semester I took a first aid course that it was required for my program. well, I passed (woohoo!) and got certified for CPR/AED. our really awesome official american red cross cards saying I am certified were ready to be picked up in my graduate assistants office. so, not having handed out a tract yet today, and walking from my class to the field house, I made a deal with myself that if my GA was there, I would give him a tract. so I get to his office (he's not there) and I see the envelopes that have our cards, I find mine and then turn to leave. well, from out of nowhere he came and we said hellos and then before I knew it my little "tract line" was coming out of my mouth, and I was pulling a tract out of my pocket! he just said thanks and I wished him a good day and then left. whew! that was scary, but by God's power Chris thought about heaven today.

+hung out with my mom today over my lunch break-she is so cool! before I left for work she generously gave me some money to get a coffee on the way. at first I felt bad because complained but then I truly was grateful, and she opened up another opportunity for me to give out a tract! yes! so I gave one to the man in the drive thru. no name tag, but I pray he turns his life to Christ.

Psalm 107:1-2
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! His faithful love endures forever. Has the Lord redeemed you? Then speak out! Tell others He has redeemed you from your enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment