Monday, February 15, 2010

mouthy monday.

2.15.10
+I love mondays. tract giving is so exciting when you know you're guaranteed conversations! today was good. we first talked and gave a tract to Lizbeth. she was really willing to talk. she had a home church but we gave her a rock card with our tract and contact info. it seemed to brighten her day that we were interested in wanting to get to know her more and just be friends. our second conversation was with Casey. this was a quick one as she was a christian. we left her with a rock card. our last convo was with Elana & Nikki. Elana was a catholic and I don't know where Nikki stood, she didn't stay long but we gave her a tract when she left. however the convo with Elana lasted about 45 minuets. she had a very strong catholic background. she seemed pretty active in her faith and mentioned a lot about having that personal relationship with God. I'm still not certain if she is saved or not, but I do know that God knows her heart. we talked a bit on faith without works...I'm not sure if she really had a full grasp on grace, but I pray God makes that crystal clear. she had also mentioned during our conversation that she & Nikki had actually been approached many times by rockers/other organizations. she specifically didn't agree with the rock's approach of the christian faith on campus, but I often find it encouraging that we are a campus organization known for handing out gospel tracts or talking about Jesus. He's our focus for all we do. today was good. after talking I felt what I like to call a "spiritual high." I just love talking about HIM--especially with others that may not know Him personally.

Matthew 28:19-20
"Go therefore and make diciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Amen.

1 comment:

  1. CHRISTINE! I know those last two girls! They were in my class last semester. I had been inviting and stuff, but they never came. That's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete