Monday, February 22, 2010

my soul cries out.

2.21.10
+on my way to meet up with my friend to head to our all church baptism, I passed a tract to a girl in the mav village walkway (definitely becoming a favorite spot for me!) she had a black jacket on with a NE emblem. she kindly accepted it with a smile.

2.22.10
+test today. I'm never the first to finish. if anything I try to stay the longest and use all the time I can, to check my work. today however, I finished 2nd! hope I did good...anyway, there is an older gentlemen in this class and he finished 1st. we kind of walked out together and he just started talking to me about the test. then I asked him about his major, he was in the military (woot!), etc. he liked to talk-but that's ok! we started walking out and as we were going to part ways I handed him the dollar bill tract. he stopped and glanced at it, and then said he would read it. I told him if he wanted, he could tell me what he thought about it next time we have class. so far, every time I say this no one brings it up again. so we'll see!
+me and my friend met up, but while I was waiting for her on a bench a girl was sitting next to me. she was mad because the doctor at health services wasn't in and she thought she had strep. I gave her a tract and told her I hope she feels better soon! as I walked away and turned to go up the stairs I could see her reading it.
+we talked to a guy and girl, they were christians and the guy had been to the rock a few times.
+then we met Shawna. she was very kind but as soon as we asked her if she knew where she was going she said, "are you christians?" she then told us about how she practices wicca. my heart sank. I honestly do not know much about this religion, but I do know that they are so lost. the more she told us the harder it was. it's just all based on twisted truth. sometimes I feel like there is no hope for girls like her, but she said one thing at the end, and that was that she didn't completely have it all figured out yet. we encouraged her to keep looking. I know God is way more powerful than I can imagine. I pray she stops believing the devil's lies, and turns to Christ's truths.

Matthew 9:36
When He saw the crowds, He had compassion on them because they were confused and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment