Tuesday, May 25, 2010

love, save the empty

5.20.10
+went to get a gift certificate for a friend this day. the man at the bar just told me to sign the receipt and then he walked away. so, I left a million dollar tract under my signed receipt, praying it would catch his eye, and that the gospel would too.

5.21.10
+traveled up to minnesota this weekend to visit some grand friends. we went out to eat at the local restaurant, the hub. I left my tract with my tip on the table for our waitress.

5.22.10
+on our way out of minnesota, we stopped to get gas. as I sat in the car as my friend filled up, I contemplated whether or not to go in and buy something so I could give the man a tract. I decided that this might be my only opportunity so I went in and bought a water for 59 cents. oh, and my friend wanted some pretzels! when I handed the man the tract, he said he had actually seen on before, only with president bush's face on it. he said he would read mine though and see if it had the same message.

5.23.10
+I stopped at hy-vee on my way to a LOST finale party to pick up chips & salsa. I left two tracts with my bright blue shirted cashier and sacker. they seemed excited about the fake money.

5.24.10
+at work this day, one of my co-workers and I were talking about my mom. Dorothy has much compassion. while I was telling her my mom's story, she could hardly keep tears back. our conversation was very short, but I told her that it's been really hard, but that we are okay because my mom knows where she is going. Dorothy replied, "I just don't know if I could have that much faith" and then walked away. for a moment I just sat at my desk. it really bothered me. that sentence. I just prayed for the next few minutes, kind of frustrated that our conversation had ended so fast. our work day was almost over and I knew that this was an open door. after about 5 minutes of sitting and trying to keep working, I fished for my bag and found a tract, marched over to the allergy shot room. I told Dorothy that the message inside the booklet has encouraged my mom and I and asked her if she would read it. Dorothy stuck it in her pocket. Dorothy is an older lady and a dear friend of mine. I don't really know what kind of background she has, but I am praying that God would speak to her heart and that she would one day have faith in Him.

5.25.10
+I think I barely made it to work this day-my gas tank was in need of some filling! on my lunch break I drove to the closest station and filled up. I paid with my card, but again, contemplated going inside to buy something so I could share. I decided on a pack of gum. as I handed Scott the track, I also felt his two co-workers' eyes beaming down at me. I prayed for him, and that his co-workers would read it too.

1 comment:

  1. Christine, you are so encouraging to me. It's obvious you lay down your life for the Lord daily. Thank you for all that you do and thank you for the lovely card and gift certificate ;) Praying for ya.

    ReplyDelete