Wednesday, May 19, 2010

silent prayers get answered.

5.11.10
+I received a phone call from a resident who needed to pick up an important package. I met him at the clubhouse and then decided to take a chance, and hand him a tract. he took it and started to walk away but then turned around and asked me what it was about. I told him Jesus. he then came back and told me that he was actually going to a catholic seminary in a couple months. I told him that was awesome, but then asked him that if he were to die today, how sure he was that he would go to heaven. he gave me and answer that led me to think he was saved but then I asked if he considered himself to be "born-again" and he didn't really give me a straight answer, so..I don't really know where he stands-but God does. we had a good conversation about church and I hope he truly does live out the great commission and that Taylor is successful in his seminary studies.

5.12.10
+stopped at hy-vee for some bread & bananas. I left a tract with Jessica.
+did you know you can wear tennis shoes for 2 months and then return them to kohls for full refund? I bought asics for the first time ever, and they killed my feet. I was grateful that they would take mine back. nike, I promise to never leave you ever again! it was here that I left a tract with Jay. C.

5.13.10
+now on a hunt for new nike tennis shoes, I scoped out oakview only to find nothing I was looking for. I left a tract with one of the custodians of the mall who was just sitting, taking a break. I pray he read the message and that God spoke to his heart.

5.14.10
+stopped at my typical bucky's, hoping to get the girl I know I hadn't given a tract to yet. well, the lady who ended up being my cashier, I knew I had already given one to her. so I had to step out of my comfort zone a little more! right after I paid I turned around and handed one to the guy behind me in line. he took it with a smile.

5.15.10
+I left a tract with our waitress, Eva, at iHop.

5.16.10
+my brother's grad party was this day. it was t-minus 45 minutes until the guests were going to arrive and we realized we had no ketchup for the hot dogs! I offered to run to hy-vee (with hidden "tract motives" of course!). I found the ketchup, got in line, and purchased it while giving a tract to Margaret. as I walked quickly to my car to make it back to the ketchup-lacking guests at our house, my dad called wondering if I could get one more thing. well. this might be awkward. but! I went back in, grabbed a 3-hour-log for our fire pit and found me a new line to check out of. I handed a second tract with Forlecia. two items, two cashiers, two tracts, one store, five minutes. I just smile at how God works. I pray those two girls get saved.

5.17.10
+still on a tennis shoe hunt (buying new kicks is serious business), I left a tract with a girl walking in westroads mall.

5.18.10
+yep. still shoe-less. I walked around village point looking for a great shoe deal, and the lost. I left two tracts with two ladies walking.

5.19.10
+okay, normally I've found kicks by now (I'm really not a big shopper) but for some reason I just haven't bought any yet. I went to sports authority on my way home from work. they had the cheapest I've seen yet! I still left with no shoes, but they're having some shipped over for me in my size! yay! cheap and sweet kicks on the way. can't wait. one of the employees at this location is one of my old co-workers from applebees. we always catch up, and before I left I handed Gerry a tract. he took it, folded it, stuck it in his pocket and told me I was a nerd. haha! never thought I would get that response. he just had a baby and is getting married soon. as I was leaving the store I couldn't think about anything but the future of his family. I prayed he would get saved and that God would give them all direction and purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment