Thursday, March 18, 2010

decorah.

3.14.10
+this past week I traveled to northern iowa for a missions trip with my church. on this day, one of our cars needed fluid or something, so we stopped at a gas station for about half an hour. I stepped inside and handed a tract to a woman deciding what snack she was going to purchase. when I gave it to her she said "are you serious?" I replied with a "yes" and thought she wasn't going to accept it by her tone of voice. but, she took it with surprise and a smile and continued looking for a snack.

3.15.10
+in the little iowa town of decorah there were a lot of runners/walkers on the main street, close to where the church was. a sister and I were walking and I handed two girls that we passed a tract.

3.16.10
+on one of the days we went door to door to collect canned goods for a food bank. I handed a tract to a woman walking in her neighborhood.

3.17.10
+this day we were out can food driving again and I gave a tract to a man that had given me some cans.

3.18.10
+today I went to whole foods with my sister and mom. we went to the register to pay, and I asked my cashier if she had ever seen this tract before. she said yes, so, I kept it. I then began looking for another person. I saw a man behind the counter at customer service, but as soon as I was going to walk over there, he picked up his phone. aw man! but then mom encouraged me to give it to this guy that was going to pass us up ahead who also worked for the store. I handed it to him and he received it with an "ok." as we turned to go out the doors, I couldn't help but look back, and he had actually walked over to the customer service desk, and handed it to the man behind the counter, and he was flipping through it! hahaha! I freaked out and my mom and sister laughed at me. God got that man the Good News, regardless if he was busy when I had passed him. little things like this just bless my day, I love the Lord so much! I pray that booklet starts conversation amongst their workplace, and that God would be working in their hearts.

1 comment:

  1. Amen!! That definitely is the coolest tract story I have ever heard! Thanks for being such and encouragement Christine!!!!

    ReplyDelete