Sunday, January 31, 2010

panther tracts.

this weekend I had an RA conference to attend at the university of northern iowa. before leaving I was thinking about the different possibilities of where and how I was going to get a tract out. I knew it was going to take some extra help from God because I was going to have to be a little bit more bold and way outside of my comfort zone. back home now, I was blown away these last two days by the opportunities God gave me! here's how He moved:

1.29.10
+on the road we stopped at a casey's for a break and I gave one to the cashier. my million dollar bills have a photo of Obama on them and she was not to pleased about that. I hope she read the back.
+we had about an hour wait at texas roadhouse so I engaged in conversation with an older couple next to me. as they left when their number got called, I gave them a tract. the man was a little hesitant but gave it to his wife who seemed grateful.
+I left a million dollar tract with a generous tip for our server, Brooke.
+we stayed at a days inn and I went to "get an extra blanket" from the girl working the desk, and I asked her to read a tract, she stopped and read it right in front of me! I waited, and I asked if she had ever asked herself that question before and she said no but that she didn't really care. I just told her to keep it and that it was something to think about.

1.30.10
+I was in and out of sessions all day and there were a few people that I began to recognize as they attended a lot of the same sessions as me. I gave Emily, Ryan, & Leif tracts at some point throughout the day. all three were very kind and thankful for receiving one.
+we stopped at starbucks in the afternoon and I gave the college girl behind us a tract which she read right there in line! after she read the tract I asked her, "had you ever asked yourself that question before?" she said, "no, have you?" I chuckled a little and said, "yes, and it changed my life." she just smiled and put it in her purse. I then left one with our barista as well.
+we had a catered dinner that evening and I left one on our table before we left. I saw another man walk by and pick it up to look at it. I turned around and asked a guy from his group if he wanted one too, he said yes and took it! he was a little disappointed in such small print on the back of the fake bill, but I trust it will allow him to concentrate a little more on such an important Message.
+back at the hotel that night a new girl was working the desk. I made a phone call out in the lobby and on my way back to the room I left a tract with Amelia. she was grateful for the gift.

1.31.10
+we only stopped once on the trip back, so I left one with Jocelyn, our cashier at the kum & go. she received it with a smile.
+stopped at a grocery store to get some milk and left one with our cashier. she was thankful.

Psalm 70:4
But may all who search for You be filled with joy and gladness in You. May those who love Your salvation repeatedly shout, "God is great!"

1 comment:

  1. God IS great. so many awesome opportunities, christine! it's incredible.

    ReplyDelete